As students finish their Know Hope piece and their chess board, they are beginning to form their chess pieces. They may choose any theme for their pieces, but the design must adhere to the following rules:
1) The king must be the tallest piece
2) The queen must be second tallest, and she must show all directions of movement, either by having 8 points or sides, or by being perfectly round
3) The bishop must display some diagonal element
4) The knight must have an L-shaped element
5) The rook must indicate the four cardinal directions
6) The pawn must be the shortest piece
The pieces must also fit onto the chess board and be able to stand upright on their own.