This winter has been absolutely beautiful. According to the Fox 12 Weather Blog from late January, the long-range weather forecast for Portland is decidedly un-Portland-like:
• Little to no rainfall is likely from this Wednesday afternoon through at least the 10th of
February, possibly longer.
• Little or no snowfall in the Cascades for the next 10-14 days... essentially the first half of
February could be snow-free in the mountains.
• No flooding, windstorms, snow to lower elevations... or strong wind for 95% of us during this
• Lots of chilly nights, sunny & comfortable days.
• The mountains and the coast should be unusually warm this coming weekend.
So, hurray for spring, right? Flowers are blooming...
...but just in time for me to spend every waking hour outside, the Portland weather comes back:
Yes, that's right, that's snow you're seeing there. ...Sigh...