I love entering photo challenges, but Ashley Sisk's Scavenger Hunt Sunday is always difficult because it requires new photos, and a variety of themes all at once. This week, however, I realized that the photographs I had taken in the last week and a half could fit the requirements well enough.
If you are a regular to my blog (all 3 of you), you have seen all of these images as their own posts (except for "book" which will show up in the next post or two).
So, here they are, the highlights of the week:
1. Diptych - The Portland Aerial Tram tower and the OHSU Center for Health and Healing LEED Platinum certified building, taken whilst stuck in traffic. Originally found in the post: Lazy 365, Day #2
2. Book - A page from an old dictionary, serving as a backdrop for a student's art piece depicting conflict. The planes and sky are not yet glued down. To be seen soon in the post: Culture and Conflict, Volume 18: Only Color and Light
4. a Taste of Italy - A deli sign on the side of a building. I still have not yet been inside this particular deli. I hope it's an Italian deli, for deliciousness sake. Originally found in the post: Lazy 365, Day #1
5. Reminders - A puzzle, waiting to be completed. This is my reminder to keep up on my Lazy 365 challenge (and it's the image for the first post), and also to finish what I begin. Originally found in the post: Lazy 365, Day #0
3. Fill in the Blank - I have been writing some stargazing tutorials, and adding in a new constellation feels like filling in the blank. Also, I like to contemplate the Universe. Originally found in the post: Day and Night, Earth and Sky
When I think about how
insignificant our tiny planet
is in the
grand scheme of the universe,
I just have to
take a few moments to contemplate the serendipity of my existence.